Saturday 20 September 2014

New Beginnings!


My family and I are so grateful for the lazy days of summer, and the chance to recharge & refresh! And, with the end of summer, comes the much anticipated trek back to school. Usually, I relish the process and take my time preparing for the new year ahead. This year, I was thrown for a loop.

3 days to unpack, prepare and start anew in the renovated FDK room. Where does one even begin? It's been a journey that that I haven't travelled alone (thank goodness!). Family and colleagues have provided tremendous support, for which (and whom) I am grateful for.

Although far from perfection, I strive to create an environment that embraces the childrens' interests. It is important to me that the natural environment is reflected inside, and an atmosphere of "calm" is available for all persons who move about the room throughout the day.

With the commencement of FDK, there are so many changes to embrace this year. I look forward to the journey, and bringing forth the "voices of our classroom" with this blog.

The progression of classroom setup has been documented; stage by stage, from each of the four corners.

 
Corner 1 (Before & After)
 
 
 
Corner 2 (Before & After)
 
 
                                                
Corner 3 (Before & After)
                     
 

 
Corner 4 (Before & After)
 
 
What a relief it was to put the room together, and finally meet the new families and little people we'll be working with this year.  
 
The atelier awaits! 

1 comment: